Expo Bib Line
The Coaches' Voice for Track & Field in Texas
Promotion, Education, Communication, Recognition
Promoting TX T&F Through Social Media
2022 Winter Clinic & Hall of Fame
UTRGV Athletics Hires Four-Time Olympian Cleopatra Borel as Track & Field Throws Coach - Full Story
Part Time Track & Field Coach Opening
Positions: 2 positions
1. Pole Vault Coach
2. Throws Coach
Stipend only position for Jan 31 – Apr 30
Contact: Stacey Johnson - email@example.com (214) 549-9732
Week Ending January 16, 2022
Week Ending January 9, 2022
Three records fall at A&M HS Indoor Meet:
1. Autumn Wilson - 7.42 60-meter dash
2. Kailey Littlefield - 2:12.68 800
3. Mackenzie Dagrosa - 5-10 high jump
Week Ending December 5, 2021
Abeni Kratzmeyer - UT-Tyler - vaults 3.91m for the indoor school record.
Tristan Meadors - UT-Tyler - runs 8.27 in the 60h for the indoor school record.
Angel Contreras - UT-Tyler - runs 14:29.67 in the 5,000 for the indoor school record - by nearly 52 seconds!
Asia Robertson - Midwestern State - runs 25.89 in the 200 for the indoor school record.
Kennedy Smith - Midwestern State - runs 7.91 in the 60m for the indoor school record.
Peyton Lewis - Midwestern State - long jumps 17-00.75 for the indoor school record.
~ ~ ~
UT-Tyler is looking for a couple of volunteer coaches: throws / pole vault:
Outdoor Nationals: NSAF, Presented by Nike
* Emma Rodriguez-Wade of Cedar Park wins the Girl's MS Mile - 5:02.56
* Luis Tovar of San Antonio Swift earns the bronze in the Boy's MS Mile - 4:35.79
* Marcelo and Franco Parra take 2nd and 5th in the Freshmen Boy's Mile - 4:19.91 / 4:24.33
* Madison Morgan of Houston sets the meet record in the 3K Race Walk - 14:12.66
* Kevin Grubbs of Humble and Michael Jitjaeng of Big Sandy take 3rd and 9th in the discus: 58.42m / 42.42m
* Amelia Flynt of All-American Throwers takes 7th in Girl's discus - 46.64m - and 8th in shot put: 46-06.00
* Skylar Bohman of The Throwing Factory, 14th in Girl's discus - 43.66m
* Tumi Onaleye of Katy comes in 7th in Girl's LJ - 12.18m
* Sky Schuller takes 5th in Girl's PV - 4.07m
* Kason O'Riley of Marble Falls wins Boy's HJ at 2.14m
* Solomon Washington of Round Rock takes 2nd in Boy's Triple at 15.18m
* Damilare Olukosi of Fort Bend finishes 10th in the Boy's TJ at 14.26m
* Brianna Brand of Grand Prairie and Alexis Tilford-Rutherford of Sugar Land finish 4th and 9th in the Girl's LJ: 5.87m / 6.68m
* Evelyn Lavielle, Abbie Hirth and Megan Judd go 5, 7 and 14 in the Girl's HJ - 1.74m, 1.69m, 1.64m
* Solomon Washington and Zane Wallace go 8 and 16 in the Boy's LJ - 7.04m / 6.80m
* Kody Blackwood - Prime Time Elite - 4th place 400h - 53.23
* Sidney Green of Allen and Logan Neely of DeSoto go 3 and 11 in the Girl's 400h: 1:00.97 / 1:02.29
* Jasmine Montgomery - SA Reagan - wins the Girl's 100 - 11.44 1.6w
* Nazzio John of SA Roosevelt takes 3rd in the Boy's 100 at 10.33 1.9w and 3rd in the 200 - 20.65 2.1w
* Taejha Badal of Track Houston takes second in the Girl's 200 - 23.46 1.3w
* Tairah Johnson of Dave Bethany TC takes 3rd in the Girl's 100h - 14.01 1.1w
* Barry Richards of Humble takes 3rd in the 110h - 13.81 1.5w
* Cedar Hill Boys wins the 4x100 in 41.31
* Garrett Kaalund, Khamari Terrell and Adam Mason go 2, 3, 12 in the 400 - 46.88 / 46.92 / 48.51
* Eva Jess of El Paso takes 6th in the Girl's 5,000 - 17:03.74
* Foster Wifong and Marcelo Parra take 8th and 9th in the Boy's 5,000
* Addison Stevenson of Katy Tompkins takes 5th in the 2,000 Steeple - 7:03.68
* Wyatt Hoover - Floresville - 2K Steeple, 9th - 6:14.20
* Kat Kwiatkowski takes 10th in the 800 - 2:10.81
* Bryanna Craig and Sky Schuller go 2, 4 in the Heptathlon - 5,138 / 5,046 points
Olympic Trials - Texans Heading to Tokyo
* At 23.37, reigning Olympic Champion Ryan Crouser just set the World Record in the Men's Shot Put - 76-08.25! Crouser breaks Randy Barnes' 31-year old record of 75-10.25 on his 5th attempt.
* Coach Sion of University of Texas guides Valarie Allman to Tokyo in the discus with a Trials win of 229-05
* Sha'Carri Richardson of Dallas Carter (LSU) and Teahna Daniels (University of Texas) punch their tickets to Tokyo in the 100 meters
* Jasmine Moore - Mansfield Lake Ridge/UGA - punches her ticket to Tokyo in the Triple Jump
* Trayvon Bromell, Ronnie Baker and Fred Kerley sweep the 100-meter dash and are heading to Tokyo
* Bryce Deadmon qualifies as a member of the Relay Pool
* Inika McPherson, from Port Arthur, earns a provisional spot on the High Jump team, but must wait to see if she earned a trip based on the World Athletics points system. She cleared a season's best 6-04.00
* KC Lightfoot - Baylor University - punches his ticket to Tokyo in the Men's Pole Vault
* Bryce Hoppel - Midland / University of Kansas - takes 3rd in the Men's 800 and earns his Olympic ticket
* Benard Keter - Texas Tech - is heading to Tokyo in the 3000m Steeple
* Sally Kipyego - Texas Tech - Marathon
* Wil London - Waco High and Baylor University - earns a trip to Tokyo in the relay pool
* Maggie Malone - Texas A&M - earns her trip in the Javelin
* Tara Davis - University of Texas - long jump
* Nathaniel Mechler - University of Houston - Decathlon (competing for Canada)
* Phathutshedzo Shaun Maswanganyi - University of Houston - 100 / 200 (competing for South Africa)
* Stacey Ann Williams - University of Texas - 4x400 (competing for Jamaica)
* Annie Kunz of Texas A&M wins the Heptathlon and will compete in Tokyo
* Steffin McCarter - Lampasas / UT - will compete in the Men's Long Jump
* Athing Mu - Texas A&M - will compete in the Women's 800
* Raevyn Rogers - Houston Kinkaid - will compete in the Women's 800
* Emil Blomberg - 3K Steeple - UTA (competing for Sweden)
* Tobi Fawehinmi - UTA - Paralympics - Jumps
* Charokee Young - Texas A&M - Relay Pool (competing for Jamaica)
* Ruth Usoro - Texas Tech - Triple Jump (competing for Nigeria)
* Arianna Ince - Rice - Javelin
* Mario Burke - University of Houston - 100 (competing for Barbados)
* Anicka Newell - Texas State - Pole Vault (competing for Canada)
* Leonardo Ledgister - A&M-Corpus - 400h (competing for Jamaica)
* Sean Bailey - UTEP - 400 / 4x400 (Competing for Jamaica)
* Ned Azemia - UTEP - 400h (Competing for Seychellois)
* Loubna Benhadja - UTEP - 100 (Competing for Algeria)
* Tobi Amusan - UTEP - 100h (Competing for Nigeria)
* Blessing Okagbare - UTEP - 100, 200, 4x100 (Competing for Nigeria)
* Emmanuel Korir - UTEP - 400, 800 (Competing for Kenya)
* Churandy Martina - UTEP - 4x100 (Competing for Netherlands)
* Michael Saruni - UTEP - 800 (Competing for Kenya)
* Tanner Wright - Hardin-Simmons - Paralympics - events TBD
* Shaun Gill - Texas A&M-Kingsville -100 (Competing for Belize)
NCAA DI Results -
Wednesday's Results - Branson Ellis (Stephen F. Austin) NCAA Champion Men's Pole Vault; Clayton Fritsch takes 4th and Paulo Benavides tied for 7th. Adrian Piperi (UT) captures second place in the Men's Shot Put
Thursday's Results - Tara Davis (UT) NCAA Champion Women's Pole Vault; 6 of top 8 spots Texas ties; Tuesdi Tidwell (Baylor) ties for 3rd in Pole Vault
Friday's Results - SFA's 4x400 stuns with a 2nd-place finish behind Auhmad Robinson's anchor
Saturday's Results - Top 4 triple jumpers ALL represent Texas - Ruth Usoro (TX Tech captures the title) - Athing Mu wins the 400 in record time: 49.57 and then runs a 48.85 anchor to help A&M set the 4x400 collegiate record at 3:22.34
NCAA DII Results
NCAA DIII Results
ATHLETES & COACHES OF THE YEAR
*** Private School Track: Autumn Wilson (St. Dominic Savio) & Ben Shearer (Woodlands Christian)
*** Private School Field: Faith Mitchell (St. Agnes) & Augustus Henry (Marble Falls Faith Academy)
*** Private School Coaches: Kristi Robbins (St. Agnes) & Marsha Martin (Cypress Christian)
*** UIL 1-4A Track: Yierra Flemings (Cameron Yoe) & Will Boyce (Onalaska)
*** UIL 1-4A Field: Carli Weiser (Giddings) & Anthony Meacham (Woodsboro)
*** UIL 5-6A Track: Jasmine Montgomery (SA Reagan) & Jose Garcia (Harlingen)
*** UIL 5-6A Field: Amelia Flynt (Katy Cinco Ranch), Brya Brewer (Cedar Hill) & Bryce Foster (Katy Taylor)
*** UIL 1-4A Coaches: Aaron Wingfield (Kennedale) & Chris Ward (Waco La Vega)
*** UIL 5-6A Coaches: June Villers (DeSoto) & Shelton Ervin (Humble Summer Creek)
*** Overall Track: Jasmine Montgomery (SA Reagan) & Jose Garcia (Harlingen)
*** Overall Field: Amelia Flynt (Katy Cinco Ranch) & Bryce Foster (Katy Taylor)
*** Overall Coaches: June Villers (DeSoto) & Shelton Ervin (Humble Summer Creek)
*** Look for each Athlete's / Coaches' announcement on Twitter
State Meet Page, including:
Championship Page, including:
***TAPPS BOYS HIGH-POINT SCORERS * (1A) - Nathan Peirsol - Living Rock - 38 * (2A) - Augustus Henry - MF Faith Acad - 46 * (3A) - Aaron Harris - Austin Hill - 36 * (4A) - Nick Soloman - Westbury X - 26 * (5A) - Ben Shearer - Woodlands X - 30 * (6A) - Bryceson Boss - Midlands X - 30
***TAPPS GIRLS HIGH-PT SCORERS * Taylor Norell (1A) - Brazosport - 48 * Georgia Scott (2A) - Trinity Longview - 43 * Mercy Freeman (3A) - Rosehill/Allison Read - Austin Hill - 26 * Basia Mitchell (4A) - Shelton - 40 * Haley Killough (5A) - 2nd Bap - 30 * Leah Klenke (6A) - St. Agnes - 30
UIL Regional Hub - Results
1A 2A 3A 4A 5A 6A
1A Region 1 2A Region 1 3A Region 1 4A Region 1 5A Region 1 6A Region 1
1A Region 2 2A Region 2 3A Region 2 4A Region 2 5A Region 2 6A Region 2
1A Region 3 2A Region 3 3A Region 3 4A Region 3 5A Region 3 6A Region 3
Whitney HS Palestine Waco Midway League City Humble ISD Humble ISD
1A Region 4 2A Region 4 3A Region 4 4A Region 4 5A Region 4 6A Region 4
TAPPS Regional Hub
JOB OPENING: Clear Springs HS. Assistant Track/Volleyball (anticipated). Current teaching fields: Math, Science composite, Social Studies, and ELA.
Week ending March 28
"[Tara] Davis broke the collegiate, Texas Relays, Myers Stadium and school record in the women's long jump with a monstrous effort of 7.14m/23-5.25 (+1.0). Her effort broke Jackie Joyner-Kersee's 36-year-old collegiate record (6.99m/22-11.25 – 1985) and made Davis the first collegiate woman to jump 23-feet legally. Davis' record-breaking mark ranks No. 5 by an American and was the best since Tianna Bartoletta's 7.17-meter effort that helped her win Olympic gold in 2016.
"In addition, Friday's performance gave Davis a sweep of the collegiate long jump records after breaking the indoor mark earlier this month. Davis set the indoor collegiate record (6.93m/22-9) en route to winning an NCAA title two weeks ago in Fayetteville, Ark."
San Antonio Reagan's freshman Mackenzie Dagrosa leads Texas in the high jump at 5-10.
Kennedale's Brianna Brand takes over Texas long jump lead at 19-10.50
~ ~ ~
Glen Sefcik - NCAA DI Championships On-Site Report
March 14, 2021
NCAA DI Results - Top 8
Tyra Gittens - Texas A&M - NCAA Champion - Pentathlon
Bryson DeBerry - UT-Arlington - 8th Place - High Jump
Kayli Johnson - Texas Tech - 8th Place - Shot Put
Matthew Boling - Georgia - 7th Place - Long Jump [Houston Strake Jesuit]
Jalen Seals - Texas Tech - 8th Place - Long Jump [Fort Worth Boswell]
Micaiah Harris - Texas - 4th Place - 200 M
Texas - 3rd Place - DMR
Tyra Gittens - Texas A&M - 1st Place - High Jump
Nissi Kabongo - Stephen F. Austin - 5th Place - High Jump [Frisco Liberty]
Tara Davis - Texas - NCAA Champion - Long Jump
Claire Bryant - Florida - 2nd Place - Long Jump [Houston Memorial]
Tyra Gittens - Texas A&M - 3rd Place - Long Jump
Ruth Osoro - Texas Tech - 5th Place - Long Jump
Monae Nichols - Texas Tech - 6th Place - Long Jump
Jasmine Moore - Georgia - 8th Place - Long Jump [Mansfield Lake Ridge]
Grace Forbes - Rice - 6th Place - 5000 M
Tuesdi Tidwell - Baylor - 6th Place - PV
Clayton Fritsch - Sam Houston - 7th Place - PV
Chengetayi Mapaya - TCU - 2nd Place - TJ
Reed Brown - Oregon - 5th Place - Mile [Southlake Carroll]
Yusuf Bizimana - Texas - 8th Place - Mile
Bryce Deadmon - Texas A&M - 5th Place - 400
Champion Allison - Alabama - 6th Place - 400 [George Ranch]
Eric Edwards - LSU - 5th Place - 60MH [Langham Creek]
Tre'Bien Gilbert - Arkansas 8th Place - 60MH [Converse Judson]
Takieddine Hedeilli - Texas Tech - 3rd Place - 800M
Matthew Boling - Georgia - NCAA Champion 200M
Micaiah Harris - Texas - 5th Place - 200M
Texas A&M - 7th Place - 4x400
Texas - 8th Place - 4x400
Ruth Usoro - Texas Tech - NCAA National TJ Champion
Deborah Acquah - Texas A&M - 2nd Place - TJ
Jasmine Moore - Georgia - 4th Place - TJ [Mansfield Lake Reidge]
Athing Mu - Texas A&M - 2nd Place - 400M
Charokee Young - Texas A&M - 4th Place - 400M
Rosaline Effiong - Arkansas - 7th Place - 400M [DeSoto]
Ackera Nugent - Baylor - NCAA Champion 60MH
Chanel Brissett - Texas - 3rd Place - 60 MH
Milan Young - LSU - 5th Place - 60MH [Houston Lamar]
Aaliyah Miller - Baylor - NCAA Champion 800M
Kynnedy Flannel - Texas - 3rd Place - 200M
Abby Gray - Arkansas - 5th Place - 5000M [Alamo Heights]
Texas A&M NCAA Champions 4x400
Baylor - 8th place - 4x400
NCAA D2 Results - Top 8
Ushan Perera - A&M-Commerce - NCAA Champion - High Jump
Micky Ferdinand - A&M-Commerce - 3rd Place - High Jump
Decio Andrade - Angelo State - 2nd Place - Weight Throw
Johnathon Harper - A&M-Kingsville - 2nd Place - Heptathlon
Zada Swoopes - West Texas A&M - NCAA Champion - Shot Put [Whitewright]
Florance Uwajeneza - West Texas A&M - 2nd Place - 5000 M
Peniel Richard - West Texas A&M - 3rd Place - TJ
Benjamin Azamati - West Texas A&M - NCAA Champion - 60M
Desmond Aryee - West Texas A&M - 8th Place - 60M
Dorian Andrews - Texas A&M-Commerce - 2nd Place - 60MH
Tyrin Lewis - West Texas A&M - 5th Place - 60MH
Jahmaal Wilson - West Texas A&M - 7th Place - 60MH
Butare Rugenerwa - West Texas A&M - 3rd Place - 800M
Arnaud Taki - West Texas A&M - 5th Place - 800M
Ayman Zahafi - Texas A&M-Kingsville - 6th Place - 800M
Benjamin Azamati - West Texas A&M - 3rd Place - 200M
Diego Pettorossi - Angelo State - 6th Place - 200M
Taylor Nelloms - West Texas A&M - NCAA TJ Champion
Flore Gracia - West Texas A&M - 6th Place - TJ
Antonija Radic - Angelo State - 7th Place - TJ
Miriam Zanovello - West Texas A&M - 8th Place - TJ
Minna Sveard - Texas A&M-Commerce - 3rd Place - 400M
Shiean Walters - Angelo State - 4th Place - 400M
Florance Uwajeneza - West Texas A&M - 4th Place - 3000M
Angelo State - 8th Place -- 4x400
"Texas A&M track & field’s Tyra Gittens claimed the NCAA pentathlon National championship with a collegiate-record score of 4,764 points, Thursday evening at the Randal Tyson Track Center.
"While setting a collegiate record, the multi-athlete also set a facility record, Trinidad and Tobago national record and became the first female Aggie to win an individual indoor title since 2014 when Brea Garrett won the weight throw. Gittens’ score of 4,764 points is the most in the pentathlon by a female athlete from a Caribbean nation."
"Carlie Weiser [Giddings] breaks her own school record in the discus with a throw of 155-03.00."
~ ~ ~
March 7, 2021
Olivia Lueking of Clear Creek vaults 14-01 to win the Clear Lake Invitational. This mark is the second-best mark in Texas history and the #1 in-season mark. Desiree Freier's 14-07.25 was achieved in the post-season.
Brya Brewer from Cedar Hill HS sets new triple jump PR with a jump of 41’2.5”. She also jumped 19’1.25” in the long jump.
Candace Mongo of Denton Guyer sets a new long jump record w/ a jump of 18-4.75!!
Amelia Flynt of Katy Cinco Ranch PRs in the disc at 155-00
John Sisson of Clear Falls sprints 48.18 400 meters for a school record
Amarachukwu Oguchi of the John Cooper School extends her school disc record: 148-01
~ ~ ~
February 28, 2021
She's at it again: Athing Mu destroys the 800 collegiate record with a time of 1:58.40
Sophomore Brenna Stell of Denton Guyer clears 11-9 in pole vault to break a 10+ year old school record!
Brynn Brown of Denton Guyer breaks two of her own records: 4:43.96h 1600 and 2:16.56h 800
Alyssa Thomas of Barbers Hill throws 37-08 in the shot to add her name to the school record board.
Frenship High school’s Chandler Wilson (SO) double PR’d with jumps over 10’6 and 11’ in the Vault.
Fort Bend Austin's Jade Harris breaks the school record in the 300h at 45.69
John Cooper School's Amarachukwu Oguchi breaks the school record with 142-06 disc
Kevin Grubbs of Humble Summer Creek breaks the school's disc record, now at 178-10
Brya Brewer of Cedar Hill sets a triple jump PR at 40-01.50
Harlingen's Eric Quilantan long jumps 23-11
~ ~ ~
February 21, 2021
"Jack Turner put a stamp on defending his C-USA Indoor heptathlon title by running away with the 1,000m in 2:49.31. The sophomore scored 5,489 points to win his second straight crown."
A&M Commerce: "Ushan Perera claim[s] the Sri Lankan record, school record, 6th-highest bar in NCAADII history, and the LoneStarConf title at 2.25 meters (7-4 1/2)"
~ ~ ~
February 14, 2021
Bryce Hoppell just sets an American indoor record in the 1000 meters: 2:16.27!
For the second consecutive meet, Chengetayi (Du) Mapaya put on a show from the start. On his first jump (16.80m), the senior broke the meet and facility record at Texas Tech's Sports Performance Center.
Du Airlines took off for 16.85m (55-3.5) on his second attempt, improving his NCAA-leading mark.
Donovan Brazier of Texas A&M lowers his own American Indoor record in the 800: 1:44.21
West Texas A&M's Butare Rugenerwa broke the 800-meter school and Lone Star Conference record on Friday afternoon at the Texas Tech Shootout in Lubbock. He finished in 1:48.48
KC Lightfoot of Baylor joins the 6-meter club!
Baylor's Aaliyah Miller breaks her own school's 800 record with a time of 2:02.35
A&M Women run 3:26.27 indoor 4x400: "Collegiate Record / World Leading / No. 4 Relay team in world history / No. 9 best performance in world history"
Cole Lindhorst - Air Force Academy (Katy Tompkins) - runs "3:59.28 [to] set a new Academy Record in the mile at the Iowa State Classic!"
Duncanville's Pierre Goree runs 10.74 (100), 21.38 (200) and 2nd leg of 41.04 4x100
Lancaster's Kobe Milligan runs 49.89 400, long jumps 21-10.50 and runs 2nd leg of 4x4 - 3:23.89
Duncanville's Martin Chavez with the distance double: 4:21.81 / 10:19.09
Brazosport's Robert Whitmarsh runs 1:53 800
Longham Creek's Jaquaize Pettaway runs's 10.73 100
Bryce McCray of Richmond George Ranch runs 37.08 300H
Kenondra Davis - FW Trimble Tech - runs 11.81 / 24.04
Cassandra O'Pry of North Crowley: 5:09.42 (1600) and 11:19.47 (3200)
Jalaysia Smith of DeSoto - 14.03 100H
Ashyria Savage of Lancaster - 45.39 300H
Kennedy Ware of Clear Falls - 55.05 400 and 2:14.01 800
Karson Gordon - FB Ridge Point (freshman) 45-09 triple jump
Alberto Orta of Friendswood - 164-00 / 54-03
Olivia Lueking - LC Clear Creek - 13-01 pole vault + 44.80 300H
Chrystal Herpin of Pearland Dawson - 163-06 disc / 43-10 shot
~ ~ ~
February 7, 2021
In her debut season, Athing Mu is becoming a weekly highlight reel. Today? 50.52 indoor 400 = 4th-fastest woman in American & Collegiate history and 20th fastest woman in world history!
UT's Tripp Piperi goes 21.74m / 71-04 Shot Put for NCAA #2 All-Time Indoor - and breaks Crouser's school record
Ronnie Baker (ex-TCU), Trayvon Bromell (ex-Baylor), Andrew Hudson (ex-Texas Tech) go 1-2-3 in the Men's 60m at the American Track League
~ ~ ~
January 31, 2021
Houston Baptist Senior Kaitlin Smith set a new program record in the pentathlon against a field consisting primarily of competitors from the Big 12, Pac-12 and the SEC as she placed third overall with 3,934 points and a new PR in the long jump.
"Robert Mason and Jacob White broke school records Friday as LeTourneau University men's track & field team opened the indoor season at Wichita State University's Shocker Invitational.
"Mason recorded a throw of 39-8 ½ in the shot put to finish third behind Oklahoma Baptist's Alexander Schovanec and Wichita State's Alex Schovanec won the event with a throw of 48-6 ¼. White ran a 52.03 in the 400 meters to finish fourth in an event four YellowJackets placed in the top eight. Wichita State's JD Prinsloo won the race with a time of 50.60 seconds.
"Jack Miller was first in the pole vault with a mark of 15-1 ¾. Wichita State's Nathan Vann also cleared 15-1 ¾. Miller's win in the event has him atop the NCAA Division III leaders early in the season."
"Texas A&M's Tyra Gittens won four of the five events in the pentathlon en route to setting a school record with 4,612 points, her score is the third best performer mark in collegiate history and set a Trinidad and Tobago national record.
"Gittens got the party started winning the 60m hurdles with a personal best time of 8.33, it was the second consecutive week of clocking a personal best in the event. She followed with setting a school record in the high jump clearing 1.91m/6-3.25, an NCAA-leading clearance. The junior continued to claim victories in the shot put (12.94m/42-5.5) and long jump (6.58m/21-7.25), before finishing with the 800m at 2:30.86."
Texas Tech's Gabe Oladipo throws 73'-7.25" (22.43m) in the weight throw "to win the event and move himself up to the number-two spot in the NCAA this season."
KC Lightfoot of Baylor clears 5.95m (19-06.25) to raise the bar on his collegiate record.
A&M's Athing Mu runs a 50.03 split to propel A&M to victory in the 4x400 at Tech.
Houston's "Triston Gibbons shattered the meet record (H-Town SpeedCity Series) with a throw of 18.73m (61-05.50). The mark is the 12th-best among collegians this season.
"Shaun Maswanganyi led all competitors matching the third-fastest time among collegians this season and the ninth-fastest time in the world this season to win the 60-meter with a time of 6.64."
TCU's "Tinotenda Matiyenga won the men's 200m (20.75) and broke the Zimbabwe national indoor record for the event in the process. The senior's time checks in at No. 6 in the nation entering the weekend."
West Texas A&M's "Benjamin Azamati continued his incredible start to the indoor season with another record-breaking performance in the 60-meter dash. The sophomore broke his own school and Lone Star Conference record, 6.59, en route to winning the event."
"Gerard Bryant broke the program record in the heptathlon, set back in 2018 by Kylon Drones, after finishing third with 4,860 points."
At Southlake North Texas Winter 800/3200, Luke Lambert of Wylie (Tulsa commit) and Ben Shearer (Arkansas commit), take home titles: 1:56.31 and 9:06.20 respectively.
At Southlake North Texas 800/3200, sophomore Gabby Love of Colleyville Heritage captures the 800 (2:15.35) while freshman Abby Love of Colleyville Heritage captures the 3200 - 10:55.89
~ ~ ~
January 24, 2021
WORLD RECORD: In his first throw of the 2021 season at the American Track League #1 Indoor Meet, Ryan Crouser breaks the World Record of Randy Barnes (1969; 74-04.25) with a toss of 74-10.50
Tonea Marshall of Arlington Seguin and @LSUTrackField sets a PB in her 60-meter hurdle victory at the American Track League #1
Trayvon Bromell and Divine Oduduru go 1-2 in the 60m Dash at the American Track League #1: 6.48 and 6.65 respectively